Get to Know the New Children's Librarian


Miss Alexis joins the library on Wednesday, September 4th.  She has been a Children's Librarian for five years and is well versed in early literacy, Storytime and other programs, helping children find books that are right for them, ordering books and materials to fit the needs of our young patrons, and creating a warm, comfortable atmosphere.

I asked Miss Alexis fifteen questions so that we can all get a head start on getting to know her:

  1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?  Peppermint Stick
  2. What genre of music do you listen to the most? Classic British Alternative Rock, 80’s, and during the summer, Yacht Rock!
  3. Do you hit the snooze button or wake up immediately? Wake up immediately
  4. What types of pets have you had over the years? I didn’t have pets until I was an adult, my first pets were two tuxedo cats, brother and sister named Itchy and Scratchy.  Now, I have a 16-year old cat named after Jerry Remy and a 11-year old cat named after Josh Beckett. Remy is also a tuxedo cat, but Beckett is a Maine Coon. He is super fluffy and really noisy and hungry in the morning – that’s why I get up immediately!
  5. Who are your favorite authors? Mo Willems, Katherine Applegate, Avi, Pip Jones, JK Rowling, James Dean…..
  6. What nicknames have you had? Lex, Lexie and Louie
  7. What was your first car? 1993 VW Jetta, Silver, manual with a sunroof
  8. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Wash dishes
  9. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? London! And I’ll actually be there in a month! I’m so excited!!!
  10. What was the last book you read? Pigeon Has to Go to School by Mo Willems, everyone should read it, I love Pigeon!
  11. What do you like to do in your free time? I love to cook and try new recipes, I’m trying vegan recipes a lot lately. I watch cooking shows and I paint when I have a big chunk of time, oil on canvas. I like to paint landscapes and still-lifes. This summer I binge-watched “New Girl” on Netflix with my 18-year old daughter, Emily.
  12. If you see a puddle on the ground, do you walk around it, step over it, or walk through it? I kind of skip-hop over it.
  13. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A first grade teacher
  14. What one thing about you that might surprise people? My hair is really white! Yup, totally white, it’s been that way since I was 30 years old. So I color it for now, but maybe someday, I’ll stop and be that “silly, white-haired librarian in town”, you’ll just have to wait and see.
  15. What children’s program you’ve held is your favorite? For Valentine’s Day I lead a Chocolate Club program that was so super, sweet delicious! I started by reading Wanted: The Chocolate Monster by Pip Jones, but I read it with a British accent! Then we all made chocolate puppy dogs out of Hershey kisses and Twix bars, followed by dipping fruits, pretzels and cake in a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!! And of course we washed it all down with some hot chocolate! 
 Please stop in to say "hello."



Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!





<< Home

Remember to READ 4 THe FuN oF iT @ Aaron Cutler Memorial Library!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?