Quick-Browse Appointments +
appointment schedule remains the
same for the coming week with one tweak. If you haven't made an
appointment and are driving by during appointment hours and wish you could stop
in, pull in the parking lot and give us a call or knock on the door to find out
if space is available. If your desired browsing space isn't fully booked
you're more than welcome to come in! In fact, it happened twice last
In addition to contactless Parking Lot or Trunk Pickup,
Make a quick-browse appointment on Tuesdays from 10:00AM-Noon, Wednesdays from 1:00PM-4:00, and Thursdays from 5:00PM-6:30PM. Each appointment is limited to 25 minutes or less for two single family-units. You should be checked-out and exiting the building on or before the 25-minute mark.
Don't have an appointment? Take a chance! Call us from home or stop at the library a call from the parking lot or knock on the door. If there is space available in the timeslot, your're welcome to come in!
• Masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizing when entering the building are requested for everyone age 3 and up.
• Lower Level children’s collection browsers enter and exit the building through the emergency side door. Seating, computers, and early literacy toys/games are not available at this time.
• Those wishing to browse both levels of the library in one visit must make separate consecutive appointments.
• All returns must be left in the outdoor drop-box.
• Go to the appointment calendar and select a time slot making sure to choose the correct location, Upper Level vs. Lower Level, or
• Call us at 424-4044.
Parking Lot Pickup Service & FAQs
Parking Lot Pickup Hours:
How to Contact Us:
- Speak to a librarian by calling 424-4044 any time during Parking Lot Pickup hours,
- Leave a message after hours, or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 1: REQUEST YOUR ITEMS
- Log in to your account online, search or browse the catalog, and place your hold request(s).
- Request items by phone at 424-4044 during Parking Lot Pickup hours, or via email at email@example.com.
Please place requests by 2:00pm on the day before the pickup day you wish to use. Requests made Saturday-Monday may not be ready until Wednesday.
If you have a more immediate need, please call and let us know. We will meet that need if at all possible.
STEP 2: WAIT TO BE CONTACTED
When your items are ready, you will receive an email or phone call according to your contact preference on file.
STEP 3: PICK UP YOUR ITEMSMasks, social distancing, and hand sanitizing are requested when entering the building are requested for everyone age 3 and up. If you are not comfortable coming into the entry area, just let us know and we will happily arrange Trunk Pickup for you. Reserve bags are found on the table inside the door. Overflow bags are found on the table outside the children's room door.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Register for an Adult card
- Register for a Youth card (under age 18)
- Register for a Litchfield Teacher card
What if I don't know exactly what I want?
No problem! You can do one of these three things:
- First, you can go to the online catalog and click on a link under "What's New?" found in the left column.
- Second, you can fill out this form to receive Librarian recommended reads based on the preferences you list.
- Third, you can fill out this form to receive a Librarian selected bundle of materials based on a theme or subject.
- Finally, you can "browse the shelf" by item covers.