Great Audiobook Narration


I am someone who always has an audiobook on hand.  It's my go-to whenever I'm driving for more than 5 minutes, or out walking, which admittedly isn't as often as it should be. 

When it comes to audiobooks, nothing beats a great narrator.  In fact, a narrator can make or break your audiobook experience.  There have been times when I've deleted an audiobook from my iPod after only a few minutes because the narrator just isn't for me.  And every now and then, I stumble upon a narrator I absolutely love, like Jane Entwistle, narrator of the Flavia de Luce Mystery series.

Because of this, I pay attention to audiobook narration award lists.  This week I came across the nominees for the 2016 Voice Arts Awards. I thought I'd share the nominees in the Mystery category, as it's one of my favorite genres:
Hour of the Wolf by Hakan Nesser, read by Simon Vance
The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro, read by Xe Sands
Scents and Sensibility by Spencer Quinn, read by Jim Frangione
The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith, read by Lisette Lecat

I borrow nearly all of my audiobooks for free from NH Downloadable Books.  Unfortunately for me, NHDB doesn't own any of these titles.  If I want to listen to these titles I will have to borrow them on CD.  No big deal.

If you would like to borrow one of these titles, you may borrow The Muralist from our library, and request the others to be sent to us from neighboring libraries (we call that Interlibrary Loan).

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!





<< Home

Remember to READ 4 THe FuN oF iT @ Aaron Cutler Memorial Library!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?